Tuesday 1 January 2008



New Year 2008.






Last year I decided to make an analogue synth. A bit of research into how it used to be done before the world went horribly digital and the circuits were formed. It is great for sound effects and has nicely drifting oscillators that beat, filters that squeal, modulator with breakthrough... fantastic!

It was reasonably straightforward to build, as it just had to sound OK, and looks were way down the list. Thanks to Bob Moog for a heavily borrowed VCO and VCF, but the ADSR circuit was all my own work, and the remainder was fairly standard circuitry.

I sold my old Hohner Arbor Bass Guitar recently. I sold it to a guitarist in a local band who had built his own guitar. It got me thinking about its replacement. I thought short and soft about what I want from a bass. It isn't out there (not in my price range) so I think I'll just have to follow his footsteps and do it myself. Woodwork is quite a different ball game from electronics though...

No comments: